Saturday, January 28, 2012

No Strings Attached

Starring: Ashton Kutcher, Natalie Portman
Directed by: Ivan Reitman
Rating: I Liked It

I wasn't expecting much at all from this movie, and I probably wouldn't have even watched it if it wasn't for the other involved party that wanted to see it.  I'm glad that I did, though.  Due to the low expectations I had, it actually turned out to be OK.  It made me laugh more than once, and I saw one unexpected face that I was happy to see.  

The Good: 

  • Portman and Kutcher played well off each other.
  • This was your standard rom-com.  It was a little raunchier than I expected, more along the lines of an Apatow flick, and I honestly should've expected that from Reitman.  
  • I had no idea that Kevin Kline was in this movie.  I was pleasantly surprised to see him, and he performed his role well, as usual. 
  • Portman was a gorgeous as always.  
The Bad: 


  • I am not a fan of Kutcher's, but I don't dislike him either.  He fit...uh, alright here...I guess, but it was nothing extraordinary.  
  • Some of the jokes were a little worn from decades of use in every similar film.  
The Ugly: 
  • I can't believe this film and Friends With Benefits were released so closely together.  I don't know or care to know which was first, but the second in line should've pulled out of the race.  
All in all, I'd recommend this one for a DVD watch, but if you have Netflix, it's available instantly.  


No comments:

Post a Comment