Saturday, October 20, 2012

OFF WEEK - A Good Day to Die Hard


I've had to concede to myself that there will be weeks in which I won't have time to update this blog.  It's not necessarily because I won't have time to write a review; it's more based on the time, or lack there of, that I have to watch a movie.  I could write and have written in some instances about movies I like but haven't seen recently.  However, when I do that, I tend to not be nearly as motivated in my writing, and the blog suffers.  

In place of writing a crappy review here and there, I've just decided to write a short paragraph for those weeks about a movie that is coming out soon that I'd like to see or a movie I've never seen that I intend to watch as soon as time permits.  Some of these will classics, some will be indies of which you may have never heard, some may will be unreleased titles.  Regardless, it will turn out better than if I just force an entry about something I'm not really motivated to write.


OK, OK!  I don't care what the haters say; I'm pretty excited about this regardless.  I'll even overlook the fact that the tagline for the film is "Yipee Ki-Yay Mother Russia"...and that's not easy to disregard.  No matter what else is wrong with the film, it's still going to be John McClane, and apparently John McClane Jr., kicking some serious Russian задница.  You can use Google Translate for that if you need.  I enjoyed Live Free or Die Hard, and I'm sure this one will be just as much fun.  Just be sure to keep in mind what kind of film you're going to see.  High expectations in the area of acting or realism are sure to make for a sour experience with this one.  

No comments:

Post a Comment