Saturday, September 21, 2013

OFF WEEK - Last Days on Mars

I've had to concede to myself that there will be weeks in which I won't have time to update this blog. It's not necessarily because I won't have time to write a review; it's more based on the time, or lack there of, that I have to watch a movie.  I could write and have written in some instances about movies I like but haven't seen recently.  However, when I do that, I tend to not be nearly as motivated in my writing, and the blog suffers.  

In place of writing a crappy review here and there, I've just decided to write a short paragraph for those weeks about a movie that is coming out soon that I'd like to see or a movie I've never seen that I intend to watch as soon as time permits.  Some of these will classics, some will be indies of which you may have never heard, some may will be unreleased titles.  Regardless, it will turn out better than if I just force an entry about something I'm not really motivated to write.


I've always been a sci-fi fan, but even more to the point and more specficially, I love films that deal with the unknown.  Some of my favorite thrillers are the ones that develop in the unknown depths of space or revolve around ancient history, the specifics of which we may never be 100% clear on understatnding.  Stargate is one that combines both of those elements.

I'm happy to see another movie take a stab at something along these lines.  The most recent film that ventured down this path was Prometheus, and while it was good, it didn't quite hit all the chords I was looking for in a space thriller.  This movie has the potential to be just what I'm looking for in the sci-fi genre.  

No comments:

Post a Comment