Saturday, January 18, 2014

OFF WEEK - 300: Rise of an Empire

I've had to concede to myself that there will be weeks in which I won't have time to update this blog. It's not necessarily because I won't have time to write a review; it's more based on the time, or lack there of, that I have to watch a movie.  I could write and have written in some instances about movies I like but haven't seen recently.  However, when I do that, I tend to not be nearly as motivated in my writing, and the blog suffers.  

In place of writing a crappy review here and there, I've just decided to write a short paragraph for those weeks about a movie that is coming out soon that I'd like to see or a movie I've never seen that I intend to watch as soon as time permits.  Some of these will classics, some will be indies of which you may have never heard, some may will be unreleased titles.  Regardless, it will turn out better than if I just force an entry about something I'm not really motivated to write.


So, this movie was supposed to hit theaters last year, at least I'm pretty sure it was. I even put it as a movie-of-note on my most anticipated list for 2013. Well, as we can see, it got pushed back a bit. It's hitting theaters in March. 

When I first heard that they were making this, I thought for sure it was a prequel, but apparently, that's not the case. This movie follows the events of the first film, and we see the revenge taken by the Spartan empire. I don't think that any film could stand up to be as good as the original, but this one definitely has the same tone, and it looks like it's gonna be pretty good. It's hard to not see Leonidas, though. 

No comments:

Post a Comment