Saturday, April 21, 2012

The Divide

Starring: Lauren German, Michael Biehn, Milo Ventimiglia
Directed by: Xavier Gens
Rating: I Didn't Like It

This movie made my list of most anticipated movies for 2012.  Well, that was when it looked like a post apocalyptic movie from its teasers and trailers.  I wish I could go back with the knowledge I have now and not include it on that post at all.  There are few movies out there that I feel like were a complete waste of my time for watching.  Usually, I can pull at least one or two things from the movie that I liked.  This one, not so much!

Nine people are trapped in a basement after a nuclear blast is set off in New York.  The story from there follows the drama that ensues within the group concerning food and water rationing, romantic interests and survival.

The Good:

  • I like movies that explore the group dynamic aspect of situations, but this one didn't really do that all that well.  That's really the only thing I can kind of come up with that I like about this movie.  Even that's a stretch. 
The Bad: 
  • This movie was ridiculously predictable.  I have NEVER said that about a movie before, but here it is for this one.  
  • The parts of the movie that weren't predictable were never explored or explained, AT ALL.  
  • The acting wasn't the worst I've ever seen, but it was a far cry from the best.  At most, it was average.  
The Ugly: 
  • The whole story was pointless.  There's no explanation for the bigger picture.  
  • It was like the writers just decided to put the weirdest things that people might do in this situation in the film to make it a little longer.  
  • The way the group falls apart happens a little to quickly for me, even with the understanding they've been through some strange things. 
I just don't really know what to say about this movie, honestly.  I just wish I hadn't spent the time watching it.  It's not just that I had a high expectation for it either.  I just didn't like it at all on it's face.  


No comments:

Post a Comment