Saturday, May 11, 2013

OFF WEEK - The Conjuring

I've had to concede to myself that there will be weeks in which I won't have time to update this blog.  It's not necessarily because I won't have time to write a review; it's more based on the time, or lack there of, that I have to watch a movie.  I could write and have written in some instances about movies I like but haven't seen recently.  However, when I do that, I tend to not be nearly as motivated in my writing, and the blog suffers.  

In place of writing a crappy review here and there, I've just decided to write a short paragraph for those weeks about a movie that is coming out soon that I'd like to see or a movie I've never seen that I intend to watch as soon as time permits.  Some of these will classics, some will be indies of which you may have never heard, some may will be unreleased titles.  Regardless, it will turn out better than if I just force an entry about something I'm not really motivated to write.


I'm always been a fan of horror movies even since I grew up watching Jason Vorhees destroy batch after batch of camp counselors.  While that kind of slasher movie isn't anything like this more paranormal/possession movie, it was what got me started.  This movie stars Patrick Wilson, who I'm not a big fan of really, but I think the trailers look great, and I'm always on the lookout for a movie that will actual scare me.  I find very, very few that actually accomplish that.  I also like to see if there is anything new to be done with the genre.  There have been so many movies like this over the last few years, I'm really beginning to wonder.  I hope this one proves to be something unexpected.  

No comments:

Post a Comment