Saturday, April 26, 2014

OFF WEEK - As Above, So Below

I've had to concede to myself that there will be weeks in which I won't have time to update this blog. It's not necessarily because I won't have time to write a review; it's more based on the time, or lack there of, that I have to watch a movie.  I could write and have written in some instances about movies I like but haven't seen recently.  However, when I do that, I tend to not be nearly as motivated in my writing, and the blog suffers.  

In place of writing a crappy review here and there, I've just decided to write a short paragraph for those weeks about a movie that is coming out soon that I'd like to see or a movie I've never seen that I intend to watch as soon as time permits.  Some of these will classics, some will be indies of which you may have never heard, some may will be unreleased titles.  Regardless, it will turn out better than if I just force an entry about something I'm not really motivated to write.



The found-footage/first-person horror genre has become just that, a genre of its own. It's here to stay for sure it seems. There's a long list of this style of film that started way back in 1999 with The Blair Witch Project. Since then, hundreds of this type of film have been released. Some of them have been big productions, but a lot of them, because of the nature of the filming process being cheaper than other alternatives, have been low-budget works. Personally, I like my fair share of them, but like many things, too much of a good thing...

This movie looks to try this concept in a new setting. Taking us to the catacombs underneath the streets of Paris, As Above, So Below has a team in search of a mysterious artifact in the burial place of hundreds of souls. What could possibly go wrong with that? I'm sure we'll find out. As cheesy as a lot of these movies are, I still enjoy watching them for the chance of a decent scare here and there. 

No comments:

Post a Comment