Saturday, July 28, 2012

OFF WEEK - Wreck It Ralph


I've had to concede to myself that there will be weeks in which I won't have time to update this blog.  It's not necessarily because I won't have time to write a review; it's more based on the time, or lack there of, that I have to watch a movie.  I could write and have written in some instances about movies I like but haven't seen recently.  However, when I do that, I tend to not be nearly as motivated in my writing, and the blog suffers.  

In place of writing a crappy review here and there, I've just decided to write a short paragraph for those weeks about a movie that is coming out soon that I'd like to see or a movie I've never seen that I intend to watch as soon as time permits.  Some of these will classics, some will be indies of which you may have never heard, some may will be unreleased titles.  Regardless, it will turn out better than if I just force an entry about something I'm not really motivated to write.


This is a pretty original concept.  We don't get a lot of that anymore.  In 2010, only two of the top ten highest grossing movies were based off of original concepts.  That's to say they weren't adaptations of a TV show, book, graphic novel, or a remake of an older film, etc.  Those two films were animated.  I can totally understand why Hollywood is stuck on making the same films over and over... IT MAKES MONEY!  When someone tries something new and it doesn't work, that just reinforces the ideal that they should just keep turning out the same explosion flicks.  I digress.  

I'm really interested to see this movie.  I like John C. Rielly a lot, and he's the voice of the main character.  It's hard to believe that the company, even one like Disney, somehow acquired the rights to put all of those video game characters in the film. I'm sure most of the games and characters in the film are original characters, but even for the one scene in the previews, it had to have cost some serious cash for those likenesses.  

No comments:

Post a Comment