Saturday, November 30, 2013

OFF WEEK - Muppets Most Wanted

I've had to concede to myself that there will be weeks in which I won't have time to update this blog. It's not necessarily because I won't have time to write a review; it's more based on the time, or lack there of, that I have to watch a movie.  I could write and have written in some instances about movies I like but haven't seen recently.  However, when I do that, I tend to not be nearly as motivated in my writing, and the blog suffers.  

In place of writing a crappy review here and there, I've just decided to write a short paragraph for those weeks about a movie that is coming out soon that I'd like to see or a movie I've never seen that I intend to watch as soon as time permits.  Some of these will classics, some will be indies of which you may have never heard, some may will be unreleased titles.  Regardless, it will turn out better than if I just force an entry about something I'm not really motivated to write.


The Muppets have been one of my favorite entertainment properties since I was a kid. I watched The Muppet Babies growing up when I was very little. Later I moved onto the movies and the original Muppet Show. One of my favorite Christmas movies of all time and my personal favorite take on Charles Dickens' classic tale is The Muppet Christmas Carol. So, it's not hard to understand why I'm looking forward to this one. 

I kind of felt like The Muppets was a bit of a departure for the gang from their usual doings. I think Jason Segel and Nicholas Stoller did a great job writing, but it just didn't feel quite like the Muppets I remember. I enjoyed it, but something was just a little off... Just watching the trailer for this one, it seems like they're getting back to where they came from again. 

No comments:

Post a Comment