Saturday, April 12, 2014

OFF WEEK - Lucy

I've had to concede to myself that there will be weeks in which I won't have time to update this blog. It's not necessarily because I won't have time to write a review; it's more based on the time, or lack there of, that I have to watch a movie.  I could write and have written in some instances about movies I like but haven't seen recently.  However, when I do that, I tend to not be nearly as motivated in my writing, and the blog suffers.  

In place of writing a crappy review here and there, I've just decided to write a short paragraph for those weeks about a movie that is coming out soon that I'd like to see or a movie I've never seen that I intend to watch as soon as time permits.  Some of these will classics, some will be indies of which you may have never heard, some may will be unreleased titles.  Regardless, it will turn out better than if I just force an entry about something I'm not really motivated to write.



As I was sitting in the theater preparing for Winter Soldier, I saw this trailer. My mind immediately jumped to the 2011 Bradley Cooper vehicle, Limitless. I've never seen it, but I remember the trailers, and I've seen a few bits and pieces here and there. This seems to be along the same kind of theme, except this one has a really attractive female lead to change things up. Plus, it has Morgan Freeman. 

I'm pretty sure that this is going to be an interesting movie. I'm definitely going to watch it, because I want to know what really gives her these Scarlet Witch-like powers. In the preview, Lucy (Scarlet Johansson) appears to be bending time, space, and reality. We even get some scenes that appear to have the same code-view that Neo developed in The Matrix. I'm really excited to see where this goes. 

No comments:

Post a Comment